Grants to green
QLS Gardens Housing Facility and Grants to Green Program
QLS Gardens Housing Facility is a 202 unit (1, 2, & 3 Bedroom) apartment complex, located in Southwest Atlanta, Georgia. QLS Gardens was constructed in 1974. There has been a great transformation over the past 17 years to this once boarded up, at risk apartment facility. QLS Gardens is now a safe, quality and affordable housing complex.
With the help of The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta, the “Grant to Green Assessment Grant” and the “Grants to Green Implementation Grant”, QLS Gardens is now going green.
A. “Grants to Green Assessment Grant”, Southface Energy Institute performed an audit and prioritized recommendations for energy cost savings.
B. “Grants to Green Implementation Grant”, QLS Gardens was able to renovate, make repairs and upgrades on the property.
- Added water sub-meters to find and fix leaks.
- Added cellulose insulation to attic floor, and fix holes.
- Insulated water pipes.
- Sealed duct work.
- Update exit signs to LED lamps.
- Retrofit T12 lighting with T8 lighting.
- Added pool cover to the swimming pool.
- Installed programmable thermostats.
- Installed compact fluorescent lamps.
- Installed photocell controls to reduce lighting use.
As a result of implementing the recommendations, QLS Gardens is now realizing a substantial reduction in energy usage and will provide substantial energy savings.